- Begin in Mountain Pose.
- Inhale and reach your arms to the sky, palms facing each other.
- Bring your weight onto your right foot.
- Exhale and bend forward from your hips, lifting your left leg straight back behind you. Left foot is flexed.
- Hold the pose and take 5-6 deep breaths.
- Inhale and rise to stand dropping your left leg to meet your right.
- Exhale and release your arms and come back into Mountain Pose.
- Repeat on other side.
Modification: Reach your arms to the sides for balance.
- Strengthens legs, shoulders and back
- Tones abdominal organs
- Balances nervous system; improves balance
When to Avoid
- Avoid this pose if you have high blood pressure.